In which I detail my adventures in writing and publishing

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home Stretch

The arrival of my cover concept energized the editing process and I have made a quantum leap forward. I have eleven pages left to cover in my latest edit/rewrite of Win or Go Home. Word count stands at 87,500 and will pretty much remain there.

What next? I have yet to sit down and read the work from cover to cover. I am literally praying I won't find any major goofs, just typos, tagging inconsistencies and so forth. If there are worse errors, OK, I'll fix them.

Can I do that on my vacation in April? Hey, I want the book to be a good beach read, so what better than to test it on an actual trip? After that I need to confront the likely need for a professional editor to have a go at it. Yes, it will cost money, but if it improves the readability of the book, so be it.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be happy to test it out as a beach reader on my next vacation. I'm glad you are approaching the home stretch! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete